Do you need help determining your yardage quantity?
Locally Made + Approved Organic
- Quality product that the professionals are using.
- Virtually odorless.
- ”Gardener’s Gold” -Cisco Morris
- Made from organic waste, blended hardwoods and Washington native fish.
- A soil additive that is high in nutrients.
- High in nitrogen.
- A little goes a long way. You don’t want to add too much.
- It takes over two years to become a finished product.
- Most people who try this compost it becomes their new favorite.
- When used properly, compost improves soil quality which leads to improved plant health.
- Attractive soil cover in beds and effective weed mulch.
Compost is great because it keeps the rain from compacting the soil surface and it’ll slow the evaporation so you won’t have to water as often.
If using the Fish Compost as a topper, we suggest to mix it with some of the soil underneath, to introduce some sandy material for drainage.
- Could be used for plants, fruits, vegetables, and ornamentals.
- Used for the best tomato yield.
- Can be used for trees and shrubs.
- Use when you’re preparing the soil for planting.
- Use when mulching beds and gardens in spring, summer, or fall.
- Used as top-dressing lawns in spring or fall.
- Apply a 2-3" for mulching.
- Great paired with veggie mix.
- 3"- veggie mix + 1" -fish compost.
- Planting New Garden Beds: Spread a 2- to 4-inch layer of compost and mix into the upper 6- to 12-inches of existing soil. Use more compost in sandy soils, and less in heavy clay. Re-apply 1/2- to 1-inch annually on garden beds.
- Lawn: Spread a 1/2”layer over the lawn and rake it across evenly. It’s adds microorganisms, which will help fight any disease that might occur on the lawn. It will also allow you to water less often.
- Vegetable Gardens: For new vegetable beds add 20% Oly Mountain Fish Compost. Add 4- to 6-inches of compost to existing vegetable beds.
- Roses, Perennials, and Trees: Use Oly Mountain Fish Compost when planting roses, flowering plants, and trees. This ensures beautiful blooms all season. Always mix compost with the native soil.
- Blended (Manufactured) Topsoils: Good quality “topsoil” products usually include 10% to 40% compost by volume, mixed with a sandy loam soil that allows good drainage. These compost-soil blends help establish healthy lawns and gardens.